Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Custom T-Shirts!!


Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well! :) 
With our up coming trip to Disney World I decide to create a few custom t-shirts. I love the way they turned out so I thought I would share with all of you how I created them. I used my Silhouette Cameo machine to cut out the designs and I also used the Silhouette Studio program to create my designs. 




You want to get your design ready in Silhouette Studio. You want to be sure to mirror your design, so when you put it on your shirt you will be able to read it. 


Once you are happy with your design and you are ready to cut make sure you choose what material you are using in the Silhouette Studio. Also you want to make sure that your blade setting is the same on the machine as it says on the program. 




I tested my design on paper before I cut the actual heat transfer material. By doing this I made sure my design was the right size for my shirt without waisting my heat transfer material (which is more expensive than paper). 




After you finish cutting the heat transfer material out it is time to start weeding out the material so you can see your design. 




Now that you have finished weeding, it is time to start ironing! Place your design where you would like it on your shirt and then place a cotton cloth over top of it. Start ironing over your design, follow the directions on your heat transfer packaging, they vary in how long it takes to bond it to the shirt. I have found it depends on the fabric your shirt is made out of also. You can start peeling up the plastic your design is attached to and see if it's sticking to the shirt, if not just iron it again.








I hope you love the way your shirts turn out if you decide to make them too! 



Here is a couple of other designs I created also. :) 










No comments:

Post a Comment